Tutorial so today we’ll be talking about how to delete lines contains word in Notepad ++ or string. So are you ready, let’s start the delete line it contains in Notepad
Let’s for example say that we have a text as you can see here in the example of text let’s say that we want to remove all lines that contain took the word radar. If I highlight this words radar as you can see here we have three lines that contain this word so line number one line number six and line number ten. Let’s say that we want to delete all three lines that contain a certain string.
Method 1 Delete Lines contains Notepad
- So there are two ways to do it so the first method is very simple you go to the search menu then find.
- Then we go to the marked up and here find what you write down the word or string that corresponds online you want to delete.
- Some I want to delete all the lines that contain the word rather, so I tap it here then I check the box bookmark line okay.
- So we’ll leave our search world as normal then we hit mark all if I close as you can see all the lines that contain the word radar has been bookmarked.
- Now what I have to do is to delete the book to move back the lines so to delete the bookmark lines it’s also very simple you go to search then bookmark then as you can see here there’s an option to remove bookmark line.
- So I click on it voila as you can see all the lines that contain the word the word has been deleted. so this is the first method.
Method 2 Delete Lines contains Notepad
- Now I show a second method so back to our initial text.
- If we want to remove these three lines there is another way. So we go once again to the search menu but this time we go to the replace dialog box.
- So we hit replace and in defending what text now we type our words, but we have to write at the beginning of this word dot star and end it also dot shares as you see here, but in search mode we have to highlight regular expressions because here we use actual regular expressions.
- We highlight this little radio button later and we make sure that replace it with blank lines then we hit replace all then we close because you can see all lines have been deleted but there are some blank lines left.
- To delete it is also very simple you just go to the edit menu then learn operations.
- As you can see here we have the option to remove empty lines. We click on it, voila all lines containing the word have been somewhat removed.
There are two methods in order to do that as always I hope it has been informative for you and I want to thank you for viewing bye bye.