7-Zip is an open source archiving utility application program, which is useful for compressing and extracting files. The latest version of this program is 7-Zip 9.20, which was released on November 18, 2010. This 7 zip software has the advantage of comparing compression sizes. In addition, this software is open source so it is free to use for free without the time and cost limitations. The program file size is so small that it doesn’t take up much space on your hard drive. Follow the steps below below how to download and install 7zip
how you can download and install 7-zip on your Windows 10 operating system.
- Let’s get started and see how we can do it so, first of all, open your favorite browser and search for 7-zip and the first link which will appear here will be from 7 – zip dot o-r-g.
- So just click on that link and then once you are inside this website you will directly see this downloads the second one which is for the 64-bit operating system which is going to download this exe file and then once they downloaded you just need to click on this
- And I’m going to minimize the browser and you can see it asked me for this permission. I will just say yes and I’m going to just minimize the browser and this will be the default location where 7-zip will be installed
- So if you don’t have the good reason to change it you just need to leave it as default and I’m going to click install which is going to install 7-zip on my Windows operating system. So it’s that easy to install 7-zip now let’s see loads option so we have two Downloads option here one is for 32-bit and second is for 64-bit, so most probably you will be having the 64-bit operating system
I’m going to Compress File 7-zip for Windows 10
- How we can use 7-zip to just compress a file.
- So what I’m going to do is once again I’m going to go to my PC and I’m going to go to C Drive.
- And I’m going to go to where I have installed 7-zip which is Program Files and then 7-zip right.
- You just need to open 7z f m dot exe file, so I’m going to right-click on this file.
- And I’m going to open it as administrator and once this opens I will just say yes.
- And this is going to open this 7z FM and in here you just need to go to tools.
- And then options and in the options, you just need to click this + button okay.
- And then click apply and then click ok and once you have done this you can close this and also close this one ok.
- So let’s create our file and let’s try to compress this file using 7-zip, so I’m going to right click on my desktop and I will create a new text file let’s say, so now let’s say I have created this folder yeah and inside this folder I will just create a new let’s say text file and I’m going to just name it some random name ok.
Let’s say I want to compress this so I’m going to right-click on this and you can see there is a 7-zip option. So I’m going to just hover one work this 7-zip option and it says add to DD dot 7z DD is the name of my directory or I can just add to DD dot zip which is going to create a zip file out of this directory. So I’m going to just make a zip file out of it and you can see it has created a zip file for me using 7-zip ok. So in this way, you can download and install 7-zip on your Windows 10 operating system and in this way you can use it.