Notepad ++ is probably a free text editor and ASCII text file editor for use with Microsoft Windows. It supports many languages and tabbed redaction, that permits operating with multiple open files during a single window. origin Project name from operator increases C. However, there square measure few text files that users square measure unable to open victimization Notepad++. however, there square measure plugins for various reasonable formats of text and programming languages that you put in for your Notepad++. one among the numerous plugins is Hex Editor Plugin; used for viewing the text in Hex format.
What is the Hex Editor Plugin?
The name ‘Hex’ comes from hex that may be a numerical format for representing binary information. A Hex Editor may be a program that enables you to analyze, read and edit the hex coded files. generally, the user comes across a file that can’t be opened for a reason however you’ll be able to open the get in Hex Editor and most of the files can have data on prime of the file. this may be conjointly used for redaction the sport saved state file and dynamic the changeable feature within the game. Their square measure several Hex Editor packages out there however you’ll be able to use this in Notepad++ too by victimization the plugin for it and visit too How to remove Line Breaks
Step 1: Adding Plugin Manager from Github
Plugin Manager may be the plugin itself through which you will be able to install, update and retrieve the plugins offered in Notepad ++. however, as soon as Notepad ++ version 7.5, the Plugin Manager plugin is not active from an official distributor. The explanation for removing this plugin is thanks to sponsored advertisements. Whenever you open this plugin you may see ads on the lowest of windows, thanks to that it absolutely was removed. The constitutional Plugin Manager continues to be ongoing and can be back somewhere within the future.
If you have got Plugin Manager on your Notepad ++, then skip this methodology. Even supposing it’s removed except for currently, you’ll be able to add/install the Plugin Manager manually. To do that, follow the steps below:
- First, you wish to travel to the current GitHub link: Plugin Manager
- You can opt for the 32bit or 64bit nothing file and transfer it
- Now Extract the nothing file victimization WinRAR and open the extracted folder
- There are 2 folders inside it, “plugins” and “updater”. each can have one get in every. if you want to retry the file from here to the Notepad ++ plugins and updater folder.
- Locate the Notepad++ folder:
- Now copy files within the folders of the downloaded plugin and paste within the actual folders of Notepad++
- once the file repeats, restart your Notepad ++ and the current Plugin Manager.
Step 2: place it in the Hex Editor Plugin through Plugin Manager
In this methodology, we are going to be putting in the Hex Editor Plugin into Notepad++ by victimization the Plugin Manager. Plugin Manager is straightforward and sensible for putting in and removing any plugins for Notepad++. On default, the Hex editor isn’t offered on Notepad++ and you can not read text within the style of Hex however once putting in the Hex Editor Plugin. Below square measure the steps of the way to install the Hex Editor Plugin:
- Open Notepad++ by double-clicking on the road
- currently, on the menu bar click “Plugins”
- choose “Plugin Manager” and so “Show Plugin Manager”
- This will open a window with the list of plugins offered, hunt for “HEX-Editor”.
- Click on that and press the “Install” button, it’ll enkindle restart Notepad++ once putting in installing
- After restarting, currently open the get in Notepad++ that you would like to look at in HEX, like LineInst.exe that we have a tendency to employ in this methodology. you’ll be able to drag and drop on Notepad++
- When the file is opened, click on Plugins, then HEX-Editor and click on on “View in HEX”
- This will modification your encoded text into HEX